Change for Better

What to DO to GET Referrals
Arrow: FeedForward Cards | Change for Better
Conversation lead by the: Peachtree City Team

and

New information is the requirement for word-of-mouth. The back of the FeedForward card is where we learn if we hit the goal.

Share an action you took because of a comment on the back of a FeedForward card.

Did you create a flyer? Add a page to your website? Update your outgoing voicemail message?

Don’t repeat an action already shared.

23 Responses to Change for Better
  1. Amanda Walker
    August 14, 2020 | 9:12 am

I was once asked to explain pricing/price ranges for my custom art and pet portraits.

Because of this, I make sure to voluntarily share that information now in coffee meetings because I realized that some people had resistance in asking about cost around art. Some are not sure how to ask an artist about pricing because society has made art and money taboo for many. I never want anyone to feel awkward in inquiring about my pricing or asking if there is something that fits their budget or what their client wants to spend at that moment.

I now take the initiative in talking about pricing, costs, and budgets when it is my turn to talk about my business in a coffee meeting. This eliminates my guest’s uncertainty about how to ask.

Thanks FeedForward cards for providing me with that info that may not have otherwise come up in a coffee meeting! I love the anonymity of the FeedForward cards as well.

Amanda Walker Fine Art

2. Jim Mothorpe
    August 14, 2020 | 4:24 pm

Several Feed Forward cards indicated confusion about how I was compensated for my services, was it fee or was it commission? A process called the Client Onboarding Experience was being used to move a person from prospect to satisfied client. A section was added in the beginning of the process which explained the three available business service models broker-dealer, registered investment advisor or fixed insurance. The prospect received an explanation of the services and products as well as compensation, fee or commission, associated with each model. My intent was to be very clear about the services and products provided and the compensation received.

3. KenCan
    August 14, 2020 | 5:51 pm

Quite a while back, I got several questions asking about what’s a gable vent and how do I know if there are bats in mine?
    I always assumed that everyone knows such things as soffits, fascia’s, chimney caps etc. I quickly learned to go into more details when doing my 7 minutes, show pictures, etc.
    At customers homes I started taking more pictures and use them to describe things at every house I went too. Now all my customers have a total understanding of all the different things I talk about at each proposal I do.
    That all started with questions from Feed Forward cards, and many customers signed up with me because of it. I often heard “you were so detailed and the other quotes didn’t give many details”.
    I have sold more jobs because of the questions on the Feed Forward cards.

4. Jason Muldrow
    August 14, 2020 | 7:53 pm

A question on a FeedForward card I received last year sometime asked if I create content for websites in addition to website design. The short answer is yes. What I did with this information was to create a simple pricing model with three different tiers of service: website upgrade, do-it-with-you, and do-it-for-you.

Website upgrades are perfect for my clients who last built or updated their website about 5 or more years ago and mainly wants it to look up to date rather than looking outdated while utilizing the same content (for the most part).

Do-it-with-you options are good for my clients who mainly want to website designed but plan to create all of the content (words, images, and graphics) on their own.

Do-if-for-you is our full-service option where the Muldrow Marketing team partners with my clients to create robust content for their website.

So in short, this FeedForward question prompted me to make this service available as an option to my clients.

5. Ryan Williams
    August 17, 2020 | 12:05 pm

I usually talk about the work my developers and I do for clients – as a team. A while back I was doing a 7-minute presentation about deployment options for cloud applications. One of the FeedForward cards asked if I did consulting for companies who used other developers or who had their own internal programmers. It wasn’t a topic I had really thought to cover in PowerCore until then. The answer was yes! I’m currently finishing up an InfoSeries on consulting, and I have now made the topic one of my PowerCore drawers. Additionally, I’ve started to develop a digital course targeted at executives and managers that covers the do’s and don’ts of application development. This will allow me to provide my knowledge and experience to a larger, national audience. All of this stemming from a simple FeedForward question.

6. Maggie McSweeney
    August 17, 2020 | 12:40 pm

One of the questions that I received from my feedforward cards were, “How Do you pass information to the residents of homeowners association if they not working with a property manager?” I created a flyer for the HOA Board to pass to the residents of the HOA giving them all the information that is needed for the correct pricing, service and contact information for their HOA. It is worked very nicely.

7. Kelly Williams
    August 17, 2020 | 12:48 pm

Question: What makes you different than the dealer where I take my car.

Answer:
    This made me realize that customers are looking for an alternative to the dealer. I know too well that the dealer charges a lot and keeps the car for a long time to do what seems like simple repairs. I set out to create marketing to market my company as the dealer alternative and set in motion all the things that I liked from the dealer combined with fixing all the things that I did not like from the dealer.

The results is exceptional service with cost effective pricing for all vehicles while maintaining a higher level of repair.

Thank you!
    Kelly

8. Greg Verjan
    August 17, 2020 | 1:05 pm

People that require pest control most of the time know how to control the problems themselves, they just are willing to do what is necessary. In all my years I have given options for customers and or potential customers to help their situations out. From sanitation to moving harborage to just plan shutting lights off.
    All would help people control their own situations, chemicals are just an additional alternative.

9. Brian Sapp
    August 17, 2020 | 1:18 pm

The most common question or statement is get is: Isn’t vein treatment cosmetic? My doctor said that my varicose veins or skin changes are cosmetic.

Response: Spider vein, varicose vein, pain, leg swelling are all signs and symptoms of an underlying medical condition venous insufficiency. Vein disease affects nearly 58 million people. Vein treatment is covered by insurance 90% of the time.

10. Megan Byrom
    August 17, 2020 | 1:19 pm

I once did a 7 minute presentation on Medicare Part D (prescription drugs). A Feed Forward card that I received had a question about the Coverage Gap, or “Donut Hole”. Reviewing the coverage gap stage with beneficiaries has always been a challenge because of it’s uniqueness. The Feed Forward card had a comment of making a visual representation to better explain.
    The feedback from that card inspired me to create a printable and customizable PDF that I now use with clients so they can clearly see the layout of the Part D phases and specifically the Coverage Gap. It’s helped tremendously and I get a lot of positive feedback on how simple it is to understand.

11. John Fortener
    August 17, 2020 | 2:10 pm

I usually try and share good, useful information in my infominutes and 7 minutes. One Feed Forward card commented, that “…this is great information, you should teach a class on this…”. Well, I am also part of a Mortgage Mastermind Group that does training webinars and teaches classes, every week, to agents locally & all over the country. So, coincidentally, I was teaching one of my courses to a Real Estate office, where one of the attendees, was also on the Education Board of the Local Bd of Realtors, & she thought the info was great & said I should get my courses approved for CE(Continuing Education) through the State Board. So, I submitted 3 Courses to GAR, and the agent that made the suggestion, helped expedite getting them approved for CE credit for me to teach in the entire state.

12. John Miller
    August 17, 2020 | 2:46 pm

As an attorney handling a large volume of divorce cases, I was surprised when I was asked if I handled QDROs (Qualified Domestic Relations Orders) that allowed the transfer of retirement accounts without penalty in a divorce. “Of course, I do,” I thought. From this feed forward question, I learned that a large number of divorce attorneys are not willing to deal with the more technical aspects of this special order.

Realizing that allowed me to promote myself to other family law attorneys as someone that could handle QDRO work for retirement division. If it was not for the question on a feed forward card, I would not have realized that there is a market of hundreds of attorneys who could send me business. While the business itself did not come from the team, the opportunity found by that question gave me tens of thousands of dollars of work.

13. Tricia Davis
    August 17, 2020 | 4:17 pm

Someone asked “What is the most common way you get new clients?” and my answer was: by client referral and PowerCore referrals. Period. Then I started thinking about other ways to get connected with great new clients and thought of Jason Muldrow at Muldrow Marketing. We talked and he set up aFacebook page for my business and scheduled regular posts with tax and accounting information provided by me. Between the PowerCore Facbook Mafia and the Facebook posts, I was getting 2-5 inquiries a week. Most weren’t ideal clients for me, but about once a month I’d get connected with a Grand Slam Client. Cha-Ching! I stay busy as a self-employed business owner and sometimes need an “Aha moment” to stop and consider a different way to do things. I really appreciate the ideas and input from our team.

14. Gerald Wessels
    August 17, 2020 | 4:31 pm

One of my feed forward cards said, “Now I understand. You want to be referred to clients, other realtors and potential realtors.” Prior to receiving that card, I had had difficulty identifying the 4th drawer in my real estate cabinet. I had known for some time that I get a check by helping people buy, sell and invest in residential and commercial real estate. This card helped me clarify potential income via other agents … either present or future! This presented itself as a new area of referrals!

15. Chip Lawson
    August 18, 2020 | 9:42 am

A recent question asked about why would someone book a flight with a travel agent rather than just book it easily online. That question gave me a series of topics on how travel agents access un-published airline rates that just don’t show up on an airlines booking site. By providing clients with the same travel plans for reduced price is a winning strategy for me and my clients.

16. Carol Jensen-Linton
    August 18, 2020 | 11:08 am

Juice Plus+ has a wide variety of videos that explain various aspects about Health and Wellness. I frequently say that Juice Plus+ is just part of the solution to a healthier life. I was asked if we had a video that discussed those aspects. I did show a small part of a longer video that talked about keeping “sticky stuff” out of our arteries. Since we had been told we shouldn’t show videos at our weekly meetings, I created a handoff that gave the video link plus an outline for it.

The video “Nine Simple Steps to Prime Time Health” by Dr. Bill Sears offers in detail each step. On the handoff, I listed the all 9 steps, giving a brief description of each. I gave a hard copy to my team members and also emailed them the document so they could easily share it with their friends who eat a lot of “sticky stuff”.

17. Brett Vincent
    August 18, 2020 | 3:14 pm

I’ve been asked what are the typical questions that homeowners should ask about rental property and property management.

18. Brett Vincent
    August 18, 2020 | 3:18 pm

So I added a page to our owners manual titled “Questions to ask a Property Management company “.

19. Ward
    August 18, 2020 | 3:57 pm

I was asked how much we charge for inspections.

I added “Call to schedule your Free Video Roof Inspection” to the back of our companies business cards.

20. Dr. Casey Crane
    August 18, 2020 | 4:19 pm

One of the first FeedForward cards I ever received asked “What is the difference between Applied Kinesiology and a regular chiropractor?”

This question inspired me to focus my marketing and marketing collateral on explaining the difference. People often think all chiropractors are the same, so I also answer this question during every new patient’s first appointment so they can better understand the difference and have an idea of what to expect.

21. Jerome Mills
    August 18, 2020 | 11:23 pm

A feed forward question I received after a 7-minute presentation was “What is the best method to save money on insurance”? One of the easiest ways to save money on insurance is to bundle home and auto policies with same carrier. Most carriers offers significant discounts on rates when they insures two or more product lines. As a result of that question, I always inform clients that they can manage all their insurance needs with one payment and receive maximum savings.

22. Jessica Walker
    August 20, 2020 | 5:41 pm

I was asked if I am a personal trainer. At the time, I had to say “no”. This inspired me to get my certification through ISSA with a specialization in Senior Citizen Fitness. I can now deliver my online nutrition and fitness programs with workouts for people who are at many different starts in their health journeys.

23. Diana Crawford
    August 21, 2020 | 8:11 am

I had a question on a Feed Forward Sheet about a 7 Minute about deducting home offices. I was able to speak in my next one minute about how HOA expenses can be deducted on a home office. I explained that I felt it was my job to ask for the information that clients don’t provide me. I have to assume that my clients give me what they know to give me, my job is to ask for the items I think I should see but that I don’t see.

Diana Crawford