Know What’s New

What to DO to GET Referrals
Arrow: FeedForward Cards | Know What’s New
Conversation lead by the: Perimeter Team

and New information is the requirement for word-of-mouth.

Because we’re familiar with our own business what is new to Team Members can be a surprise.

Share a comment from the back of a FeedForward card that surprised you, because you really thought everyone knew that.

What system did you put in place to be sure prospects get that information?

12 Responses to Know What’s New
  1. Raina Nadler
    August 28, 2020 | 9:15 am

Some asked the difference between guardianship and power of attorney. I do both guardianship/conservatorship and powers of attorney, but I did not realize how easily it can get confusing because when talking about children, it is guardianship or guardian. I know make sure to ask when someone calls for Wills and Power of Attorney, if their loved one has capacity. A Will and the other planning documents cannot be signed if someone does not understand what they are signing. So if there is not capacity, I often have to explain in Georgia they may need guardianship for the person and to get a conservatorship to handle their money. In other states and when talking with banks or others the terms are often used interchangeably but in reality they are not the same thing. I try to make sure clients really understand the difference.

2. Jason Hatcher
    August 28, 2020 | 9:25 am

“What are the different price points inside the perimeter?”

I did a 7 minute earlier this year that touched on several neighborhoods throughout Atlanta, however, this persuaded me to dive deeper into providing information on what a certain price can get you in each intown neighborhood.

3. Jayden Doye
    August 28, 2020 | 10:43 am

I once received the question “Do you work with attorneys as clients?”

So that I could easily provide provide this information to attorneys I contacted my marketing team to create a page on my site. When talking to gate openers who are often around attorneys, I provide them with the link to share with their network before doing an email introduction.

4. Seth Katz
    August 28, 2020 | 2:06 pm

“I did not know you helped clients resolve disputes – I thought you only litigated them.”

Nobody likes to be stuck in a lawsuit and quite frankly often the only person that wins in that scenario is the lawyer. In addition to being a litigator, I am a counsel. It is imperative that I find out what my clients goals are and exactly what they want.

Once I have that information, I can offer solutions, which may include early negotiations prior to filing a lawsuit.

That is surprisingly often successful and it results in a client that saves a lot of money, time and emotional investment.

And, it results in a trusting client that will come back to me if necessary or tell his/her network that I have a unique approach.

5. Maiya Safikovs
    August 28, 2020 | 4:31 pm

“Do you represent only men?”

I received this inquiry following a 7-Minute presentation. I zealously represent both men and women. This question prompted me to ensure that my InfoMinutes reference issues that are important to both men and women. I have also started highlighting the fact that societal norms have changed (for example, women can be the party requiring financial protection during divorces, etc.), and that each party to an action is entitled to thorough advocacy.

6. Virgil Lee Dortch
    August 28, 2020 | 5:05 pm

What’s one thing that you would change about Retirement Planning if you could?

This question was asked after a 7-Minute Presentation I did based on an article that I wrote titled “The Real Financial Crisis For 2018 and Beyond”. For the weeks that followed, I presented the importance of clients investing early, making significant contributions to their retirement plan and increasing the size of their contributions as their income grows.

7. Aaron Conyers
    August 28, 2020 | 6:47 pm

One comment that is more applicable than others would be “What are the current interest rates?”

Since everyone does not get the exact same rate, I have added in some of my info minutes and 7 minutes a few of the necessary pieces of info required to determine the interest rate.

8. Ryan Tingle
    September 1, 2020 | 2:00 pm

Many years ago, despite giving info-minute and seven-minute after info-minute and seven-minute about commercial lines accounts I was targeting and had success in, I was asked on feed-fwd cards whether I “insured businesses”. So, I weaved into the preamble of my infominute that “My name is Ryan Tingle w/ the Tabb Insurance Agency; we are a 66 year old property and casualty agency that specializes in COMMERCIAL and personal lines of insurance.”

9. Kimberly Jackson
    September 1, 2020 | 3:58 pm

I find that others are shocked at what can become liens on real property. I see them all the time on my title searches, so I tend to forget that not everyone realizes that federal tax liens, credit card judgment liens, etc can encumber property.
    Because of this, I make sure to go through a diatribe about this whenever I have a homeowner ask to add someone to their property — you add the person, you add their liens and that is extremely important to know up front.

10. Brendon Hall
    September 1, 2020 | 4:15 pm

Often times, people are surprised that we help people understand their rights and options under Medicare. Typically, insurance brokers for small businesses don’t dabble in Medicare because it requires a lot of time and attention to compliance regulations. However, I have 5 years of experience and I enjoy talking with my clients! In order to make sure new groups know about our service, we typically mention it during the quoting process or yearly at their renewal. Some group medical plans are not Medicare complaint – so it’s an important consideration when it comes to an employee’s long-term financial solvency.

11. Alan Epstein
    September 2, 2020 | 3:19 pm

Do you have enough extensions to keep you busy once tax season is over?
    This question encouraged me to talk about other services offered, including, financial reporting, bookkeeping, quarterly updates and planning for small business owners, Virtual CFO services, due dilegence services for individual or companies looking to buy or sell a business and consulting services among others.

12. Kevin Ames
    September 4, 2020 | 10:52 am

I retouch every photograph I deliver. I thought every one on my team knew that. Surprise! I got several comments on Feed Forward that in fact, they assumed retouching was an extra charge item. I’ve added “retouching is included” in my infominutes periodically.
    Retouching removes distractions that might pull a viewer’s attention from the story the photo is telling.