Identification

What to DO to GIVE Referrals
Star: Identification
Conversation lead by: the Virginia Highlands Team

and What is the common denominator for the people who you’ve invited to visit our Team?

–Have they all been clients?

–Are they members of another association you belong to?

–Are they friends you see regularly?

Share the places you use an invitation to visit as a way to give benefit.

Add your answer in comments, here or from the PowerCore.net home

16 Responses to Identification
  1. Charlotte Merritt
    October 23, 2020 | 8:31 am

The common denominator on my invites to PowerCore is that they are either Virtual Office clients wanting to grow into an office, or leads of mine who want to grow into an office. It is easy when PowerCore has grown MY business, and several clients businesses to say that this membership can help them as well.

2. Scott Levine
    October 23, 2020 | 9:00 am

The common denominator on my invites to our Powercore team or another team is that they have contacted me for some type of assistance. Whether they are clients, leads, or merely someone asking for advice, if they are a good fit, I make the suggestion. I always keep an eye out for people who have just started their business. Also keep veterans, in mind, but newbies are always much more anxious to find ways to spread the word about their new venture.

3. Mariell Coker
    October 23, 2020 | 10:05 am

The common denominator of those I invite to visit our PowerCore team is that they’ve mentioned they’re looking for ways to grow and or expand their business, both new and established. Usually, for me this comes up with friends in a social environment. Pre Covid, it would have been a pub, restaurant, birthday party or cookout. If the seat is open, I start talking about how PowerCore has helped my business and the businesses of my teammates.

4. Rodney Shaffer
    October 23, 2020 | 10:22 am

The common denominator for me is that there is no common denominator. Some people I invite are clients, some I invite are from the neighborhood, some are personal friends, and for some people I invite, I am their customer. I’m looking for business owners and commissioned sales people who want to grow their businesses. And I will ask them wherever I find them.

• Wendy Kinney
      October 23, 2020 | 11:54 am

And remember Paul Thompson – an electrician who you “mentioned” (you said you didn’t really give him much) PowerCore to – and two hours later got the email confirmation from me that he had looked up PowerCore.net and was visiting! He’s a valuable Member of the Decatur Team – they thank you for that!

5. Tim Limson
    October 23, 2020 | 12:37 pm

The common denominator for people whom I invite to Powercore is where they are in their business. When I start hearing key words like marketing and building up clientele, I know that they will need a great referral team like Powercore. I usually speak to my clients or my network from other big events that I have been at.

6. Kellie Byers
    October 23, 2020 | 12:40 pm

The only common denominator with my invites are they are people who are looking to grow their business. They are not all clients or friends. It has been a combination of friends, clients or businesses I frequent. I like to listen to keywords people say that can trigger an invitation, and I will let them know about a great group I meet with weekly that has helped me grow my business.

7. Kameelah Ellis
    October 24, 2020 | 9:29 pm

The common denominator among my invites are those that are looking to either build or are in the early stages of their business. Most were associates of people I have met via another colleague or associate. I will share some new information that I have learned from a 7 minute presentation and let them know where I learned the helpful information.

8. Richard Perano
    October 26, 2020 | 11:22 am

The common denominator is that they are a member of some other family of friends of which I am a member. For example, I have been a veteran member of Operation Boot Camp in Decatur since July, 2011. Even now, we meet virtually three times a week (twice for me since Wednesday morning conflicts with POWERCORE) and the social network is sticky and operates a lot like a family. If there is a good fit, you normally don’t hesitate to refer family members to organizations of which you are a member.

9. Chris Hoag
    October 27, 2020 | 3:42 pm

*In-person conversations* is the common denominator of environment or situation in which I invite others to Powercore. From a new business idea that a family member wants to pursue to a multi-generational family business that a contractor wishes to protect, in-person interactions with people in our everyday appointments often hold a nugget of opportunity for an invitation to grow their business.

10. Derek Hardmon
    October 27, 2020 | 6:25 pm

The common denominator for folks that I approach about PowerCore are either associates or friends but one thing they have in common, they are business owners. I have a wide range of connections within the Information Technology and Information Security community but most of them are not business owners. To date, I invited two individuals to PowerCore and one eventually joined the Buckhead team after another person also invited them some weeks later. The other person lives outside of the PowerCore footprint and did not think it was a good fit at the time. Both are business owners with whom I had already established rapport.

11. Brandon Welch
    October 28, 2020 | 6:50 am

The common denominators for me are not related to a place. I approach people who are both looking to grow their business and are a good fit for the team. If they are clients, friends, or otherwise, I think those are the keys for a good visitor experience.

12. Blossom Martindale
    October 28, 2020 | 7:55 am

The common denominator is listening to people and clients who may have a problem to solve in their business. If they are looking for a group to learn with and from or if they are looking to expand their referral networks, Powercore is a good option.

13. Melissa Moody
    October 28, 2020 | 4:23 pm

The common denominator for my invitations has been people with small businesses who might be interested in branching out and networking with new people. Covid has made this difficult, since I don’t go out as much, but I literally went through my Facebook friends and chose people who I though might be interested and invited them to coffee.

14. David Troyka
    October 29, 2020 | 2:33 am

The common denominator for me has been using LinkedIn with the Sales Navigator and Ulinc search engines that target professionals and owners. Small P.S notes at the bottom of my own inquiries have stirred interest. There are also a past club that I was in that is a potential source with members who are self-employed, who are the most likely to be interested.

15. Kenny Cox
    October 29, 2020 | 8:05 pm

The common denominator of those I have invited is people I have done business with before and that I trust to do a great job and who will stand behind their work. Therefore, I feel very confident in referring that person to others.