The Clues

What to DO to GIVE Referrals
Star: The Clues
Conversation lead by: the Vinings Team

and What is your system for inviting people to visit our Team?

Is there something specific they have to say to trigger your invitation?

What is the question you ask to find out if they’re interested?

Have you found there is a particular answer that means they’ll be our next Member?

8 Responses to The Clues
  1. Wendy Kinney
    October 16, 2020 | 9:06 am

1: When a new contact shows me their “new” business card, or sends an invitation to look at their “new” website –

2: I ask if they’ve every belonged to a referral network.

3: When they say “OMG – I’ve been trying to get into one, I’ve never found one that has an opening for me!” I know they’re truly interested.

2. Amy Forth, DC
    October 16, 2020 | 11:03 am

When someone solicits me for business that is a great opportunity to invite them to Powercore because I know that they are working on expanding their business.

3. Todd Daniel
    October 16, 2020 | 11:46 am

The main type of person I target as a member prospect are fellow tradesmen and professionals. If they mention, or I can sense, that they are wanting to reach more customers, I invite them to a meeting. The Vinings Team doesn’t always work for them geographically, so I suggest teams in their area.

4. Tennille Hoover
    October 16, 2020 | 11:49 am

Most of my recent invitations have been individuals who are stepping out on their own. I will often be referred to them by someone else and when I learn that they have just started their own firm or business, I will tell them that PowerCore is a great opportunity to promote their business and have other people help you find customers or clients.

I have found that the ones that end up sticking around will respond, “Absolutely!” or “I am definitely interested in that.” Also, they are not phased when I mention a 7:00AM meeting time. I have also found that they will be truly engaged in the meeting and take the opportunity to have coffee with multiple members on the team.

5. Mark Pritchard
    October 19, 2020 | 11:08 am

Our office is often visited by people looking to form referral and business relationships – that is the perfect opportunity to invite them to PowerCore! I know they are actively looking to expand their business. So I ask them if they are currently, or have ever been, involved in a formal networking group and let them know about PowerCore.

6. Shannon Lifchez
    October 21, 2020 | 7:35 am

These days there a lot of people dealing with trying to start a new business. When someone says they’re having a tough year and they’re talking about a new job, it’s easy to ask what they’re doing to find new customers and if they’ve considered joining a referral group.

7. Michael Anthony
    October 21, 2020 | 8:36 am

When I meet customers that are self employed it gives me an opportunity to ask about how they grow their business.

I usually listen for clues or phrases that they are looking to ramp up sales.

When I hear, ” Oh wow, can you tell me more about it?”, is when I think we may have our next member.

8. Allan Minter
    October 26, 2020 | 8:20 am

We are having more open discussions about it. Whenever I have a client or meet someone who is an independent contactor, my radar for powercore is on.

I ask them if they’ve ever heard of Powercore. I mention it’s a great and exclusive team I’ve been on for 10+ years, so it’s worked well for me.

Not only trying to ask for more visitors to come, but asking the right visitors, and wanting to make sure they’d be a good fit for the team. I think it’s important we aren’t desperate to just get anyone in. We need to vet a little more moving forward, to ensure they’re going to be in synch with the other members of the team, so we avoid having more turnover.